You Roof Repair Greenville
Is a Metal Roof Worth the Investment?
It is important to look at more than the price when choosing a new roof. We've broken down all the benefits and drawbacks of a metal roofing system so you can determine how much money you will get for your dollar!
Advantages of Metal Roofs
- Metal panels are durable. Metal roofs are weather- and wind-resistant, so you don't have to worry about losing a few tiles or even shingles during a storm.
- Metal roof systems have a high capacity for fire safety. A metal roof will not ignite or feed a fire like other roofing materials.
- Metal roofs are reflective of light. This means less energy use. A roof that reflects sun helps to cool your home in summer, which can lead to a decrease in your energy costs.
- Metal roofs are one the longest-lasting roof systems. With minimal maintenance, a well-placed metal roof can last from 40 to 70 year.
- Metal is customizable for any look you desire. There are many specialty metals that you can choose from, such as: copper, zinc, aluminum, etc.) Together with paint colors.
- Metal roofs are rust-resistant which makes them ideal for coastal climates. In tropical climates, irritants like salt water or sand can damage traditional roofing materials like roofs. Roofs built in a dry climate are more resilient to erosion.
- Metal is a specialist roof material so it is more available than traditional materials such as shingles. The lead times for conventional building materials are longer, making it more difficult to start your project in the event of a shortage. Metal will be more affordable than shingles if your project is ready to go.
Metal Roofing: The downsides
- Metal panels are a more expensive material. Additionally, hiring a roofer with the necessary training and resources to install them comes at a significant cost.
- If the roof is not well insulated, it can become noisy in storm events. To ensure that you have the best insulation, consider how storms can affect your metal roof.
- An improper installation may result in financial hardship and problems over the long term due to aspects such as expansion and contraction of metal panels. It is important to hire experienced roofers for this type of installation.
Although metal roofing offers more benefits than drawbacks, each home and owner has their own unique needs. For more information on how metal compares with other roofing options, please click below.
Greenville Roofing Masters
(252) 436 8250